Follow these steps to install Socioh via a private key
1. Click on Add Shopify Shop when you click on Login/Sign Up on Socioh.com
2. Now choose the install Socioh using private key option instead of entering your url
3. Next, login to your store on Shopify and click on “Apps” in the left-hand menu.
4. Now scroll to the bottom of the page that you see and click on “Manage private apps”
5. On the next screen click on the Create Private App button:
6. Add a name for the app (if you’d like it to be different from Socioh), an email for correspondence and then in the section for Admin API, click on “Show inactive Admin API permissions”
7. Here, please ensure that the API key has the required access. Below are all the permissions you need to enable to set up your private key:
i. Analytics: read access only
View store metrics
ii. Customers: read access only
View or manage customers, customer addresses, order history, and customer groups
iii. Inventory: read access only
View or manage inventory across multiple locations
iv. Marketing events: read and write access
View or manage marketing events and engagement data
v. Orders: read access only
View or manage orders, transactions, fulfillments, and abandoned checkouts
vi. Price rules: read and write access
View or manage conditional discounts
vii. Products: read and write access
View or manage products, variants, and collections
viii. Shop locale: read access only
View available locales for a shop
ix. Themes: read access only
View or manage theme templates and assets
x. Translations: read access only
View or manage content that can be translated
8. After you’ve enabled read and write permissions for all the fields above, scroll to the bottom of the page and “Save” these settings.
9. Then you’ll see this prompt to Create App. Click on it and you’ll get a private key.
10. Once you click on create app, you’ll see the screen below:
11. Now return to Socioh and copy the strings against your Shop Name, Private/API Key, Password, etc. on, the pop-up to install your shop via a private key:
This should complete the process and you’ll now be able to access Socioh’s dashboard.
If you run into issues, make sure to double-check with the store’s managers that you have all the required permissions on Shopify.
Please contact us using the chat box at the bottom right corner of your dashboard if that does not resolve your issue.